I there

As some of you know, I use EMC to drive a gluing machine (basically a XYZ
router) to put some silicon sealant around photovoltaic panels.

I use EMC 2.4.0~pre from the experimental package here :
http://www.linuxcnc.org/experimental/Karmic/
On a Xubuntu 9.10 sytem.

I use the spindle-on output to drive my glue valve.

I just finished the hardware part, and give a try.

One big problem showed up :

If for example I do this tu put some glue around a corner :

G21
F3000
G54
G0 X0Z0
G0 Z0
M3 S1
G1 X150
G1 Y150
M5
G0 Z0
M2

The result is at the end of movement, M5 take some "long" delay to execute
(maybe half a second or like that), witch results in a big glue spot at the
end of the line.

So I tried this, at the end :
(...)
G1 Y145
M5
G1 Y150
G0 Z0

but same problem, beacause in this case movement stop at Y145, then the
machine waits something, then M5, then the move finish to go Y150.

I tried using coolant and mist outputs for driving the valve, the beaviour is
exactly the same.

So the question is : why this delay, and is there a way to avoid it ?
Should I use a M10* code with some ladder or something else to drive my valve
?

Thanks
Yann