I think, that following solution might be easy to implement:
1) press "pause"
2) press button, which stores coordinates of current position
3) jog away, do what ever...
4) press button, which returns to saved coordinates. here is
important, that first move is in XY plane, Z move is last
5) hit "resume"
6) machine should remember all the variables, feed rates etc. during
this pause (i do not know, if EMC already does it. if so, please
ignore)

So actually 2 buttons with IMHO simple functions have to be implemented

About the safety of such solution: i agree that it is operator's
responsibility to make sure, that machine is jogged to place, from
which it can safely return to the saved point.

I believe (but am not sure) that this way machine can be paused and
resumed in the middle of the line...

2010/5/17 Ries van Twisk <e...@rvt.dds.nl>:

> tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
> WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
> email: r...@vantwisk.nl        web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
> skype: callto://r.vantwisk
> Phone: +1 (803) 426-3350
>

> On May 17, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Slavko Kocjancic wrote:
>
>> Hello...
>> Not bad idea to be separate item as jog under toolchange can be
>> resolved
>> quicker.
>> I changed wiki and I think all command M0 M1 and M6 can behave
>> similar.
>> For example if someone mill plastic then can issue few M1 in program
>> and
>> has optional stop on M1 dissabled.
>
> Thanks..
>
>> If swarf come up then just enable M1 pause and have nice workaround.
>> Maybe there is not bad idea to have another one pause button that
>> pause
>> program like inserting M1 after just current line?!? Easyer to
>> implement.
>
> As mentioned before, you cannot easily insert a command on each line
> once they are in the queue unless the M1's are inserted when a program
> is loaded,
> you could do this using a filter I think...
>
> The suggestion you make to introduce a other pause method that stop
> after the line was processed
> might be easer to implement then trying to modify the current pause
> method.
>
> Then at least EMC is at a clear point ( I assume)  where to resume from
> and not in the middle of something.
>

>> Beaware of one nasty thing with manualtoolchange.py! When window popup
>> the keyboard control is on that window! If someone uses Estop in
>> keyboard and something goes wrong during toolchange dialog then Estop
>> button wont work!
>
> The proper way to solve e-Stop is to have a external button connected
> to your machine,
> next to a emergency stop. I think every decent size machine (that can
> seriously hurt a human)
> should have external buttons for that I do have, but luckly never used
> them :)
>
> Ries
>
>> Slavko
>>
>> Ries van Twisk pravi:
>>> Salvko,
>>>
>>> i think it would be a good idea to seperate item 15 into two items:
>>>

>>> 15) JOG under PAUSE - Alow users to jog machine when program is
>>> paused.
>>> 16) JOG under ToolChange - Alow users to jog machine when program  M6