> Meanwhile, I wonder if we could just enlarge it by a
> factor of 10 or 100 and forget about it for a while.

A binary order of magnitude would keep me happy for a long
time and a decimal order of magnitude would suffice forever.

I could put more smarts into my Eagle hole extractor, but
those decisions are really better done at the machine: I
know *that* hole can be larger, but *those* must be exact.

I cherry-picked the diameters for the job at hand and got
the table under whatever the limit is, but it's snug.

For my other projects, I use dynamic cutter comp and feed
the measured tool diameter in from the G-Code; having the
Axis backplot show a reasonable cutter size is just frosting
on the brownie. Pretty much, I can pick anything close from
the table, with the tool length probe handling the fussy
dimension.

Kudos to you guys: I *really* like tool length probing!

Thanks...

--
Ed