Hello to all the gurus,

I am facing a problem with my new built CNC platform. Before I describe
my platform let me share a bit about my design. The platform is about
40"x40" square using the ABEC7 bearings from CNCRouterParts
(http://www.cncrouterparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=33)
to run the X and Y axis. The bearings run on 1/4" thick steel. I have a
single lead screw driving the Y-axis that is positioned in the middle.

I noticed that when I cut a 6"x3" 1/8" thick aluminum from sheet, the
squares are are off by at least 1 degree that lends me to believe that
my Y-axis deflects when cutting.

My question is, can this deflection be removed if I move to round linear
ball bearings running 45" on a 20mm shaft? I am trying to hold back on
running my Y-axis using 2 lead screws one at each end and using 2
stepper motors. Any thoughts/opinions highly appreciated.

Sam.