Here is what worked for me to implement the LG 1730 touch screen:

1. sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-evtouch (0.0.8-3build1)

2. put the following file in /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchscreen catchall"
        MatchIsTouchscreen "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evtouch"
        Option "MinX" "295"
        Option "MaxX" "3815"
        Option "MinY" "200"
        Option "MaxY" "3948"
        Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
        Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
        Option "SwapX" "1"
        Option "SendCoreEvents" "on"
        Option "Rotate" "ccw"
        Option "ReportingMode" "raw"
 ##       Option "Calibrate" "1"
EndSection

Note that this is not in the usual /etc/X11/xorg.conf file - linux
developers just can't resist moving things around in circles! It took me
some searching to find this place. The calibration I have not found
necessary so far.

Hope it also works other users.
Rudy