On Friday, October 15, 2010 12:55:00 pm srgpip did opine:

> Thanks for the replys Guys! :-)
> That would explain things.
> I was using the debug print commands and when moving the Y axis with 3
> axis enabled I was getting a different number return on PPDATA then I
> was with the Z and X which were the same.
>
> Z, X returned 64511 and so did Y positive move.
> Y negative returned 62463!
>
> Another issue could be that the pluto-p card I had was bad all along!
> It wont communicate at all now with EMC.
> It loads the firmware but when going into EPP mode communication fails.
> The folks at fpga4fun have kindly sent out a new card which is currently
> in transit.
>
> In the meantime I purchased a 7i43 card from Mesa which is also in
> transit from the States.
>
> BTW The pluto-p card was connected directly to the port for all tests.
>
> On another note with regards to the maillist it seems I do not receive
> the posts that I send but I do receive replys. I am using google mail
> does anyone know the reason for this as it can be quite frustrating.

That is a 'feature' of gmail, it deletes what it thinks is a duplicate
message when the mail servers send it back.  The trick is to add yourself
in a Bcc (blind carbon copy).  Or to CC: another account, I have 3 all told
and am gradually phasing out the gmail account because of that.

<a...@andypugh.fsnet.co.uk>wrote:
> > On 15 October 2010 15:09, Chris Radek <ch...@timeguy.com> wrote:
> > > I suspect you might be seeing corruption of the EPP communication,
> > > and not a driver bug.
> >
> > I missed that the stepgen feedback written by the driver depends on
> > data read back from the Pluto. It does seem plausible that it could be
> > a problem there.
> >
> > It's a pity that the OP already as the Pluto, a Mesa 7i43 is only $20
> > more for vastly more capability.
> >
> > --
> > atp

Cheers, Gene
Kettering's Observation:
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence.