On 11/13/2010 5:59 AM, Andy Pugh wrote:
> On 13 November 2010 01:50, Jeff Epler<jep...@unpythonic.net>  wrote:
>
>> The solution--to look for the parport extended configuration register
>> where it is likely to be--is more in the vein of a workaround than a fix,
> Would I be right in assuming that the real fix would have to come from
> Intel as a BIOS change?
> Has anyone looked at how one would inform Intel of the problem? (I
> looked very briefly, and then lost interest)

Andy:

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes, but...I also tried to figure out how to
inform Intel and I also lost interest when it became clear they have dug
a deep moat between us unwashed end-users and their product teams. I was
depressed to find that at least one other person had already reported
the problem on Intel's message board last spring. I saw neither a
response to him nor any indication in the next bios release that his
message had been heeded.

If someone has an idea how to break through to the D510MO team, please
give it your best shot.

My thanks to Jeff for spending time on the workaround and to Stuart for
hosting the EMC2 workshop. Despite the obvious benefits of using the
Internet as a distributed workspace, these face-to-face gatherings of
birds-of-a-feather are really important for keeping up the energy and
enthusiasm of the EMC2 team. I wish I could have delivered my board in
person!

Regards,
Kent