Ed <ate...@...> writes:

> On my 10S Red Cap the brake is on the shaft end of the motor.
>
> Can you check the voltage at the leads with the brake connected? If
> there is high resistance it will show full voltage without load and
> droop when connected.  Ed.

Ed,

Yes that is the next step. We are seeing 112vdc on the 2 leads unconnected
and will test for voltage droop when energized and connected next.

The servo coupler is impossible to disconnect without rotating the
screw to get at the set screws, which can't happen right now - so I am praying
that the brake is located under the encoder, which we can get at.

These vmcs do not take well to sitting idle...

Tom