On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 21:41 -0600, Jon Elson wrote:
> David Winter wrote:
... snip
> So, the question is, if I was to retrofit this machine, how would the
> board and all of the contributors feel about my using EMC as a
> control?
... snip
> What do you THINK EMC2 was created for?  For 6 guys to run a machine
> in their garage? I am as sure as any of the non-core developers can be
> that they WANT EMC2 to be used, and retrofit/updates are great
> candidates for it.
>
> Jon

One concern that comes to mind. I would prefer Mr. Winter to do a basic
conversion on a small CNC first, to make sure that he can do a real
machine with a real customer. Sometimes we get a person started on a
project and they find out it wasn't what they expected and then think
EMC2 is junk.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html