Hi EMC users,

I pulled out enough hair over those weird O-Code control structures
used in RS274 GCode. So I thought it would be cool to program
the machine in python and use sane for-, while-loops and if-branches.

Axis is able to read script-code, so this wrapper module exploits
it. The python program can be loaded into Axis like any other
GCode program.

The wrapper returns "flat" and unrolled GCode to Axis.
There's no problem with that, though. The generated GCode is not
supposed to be touched by a human, so it doesn't really matter how
it looks like.

However, the wrapper is flexible enough to not hide any GCode features.
With the basic "Line" primitive, it is possible to emit any GCode
(even invalid code).

So here's the module. There's also a tiny example usage script in the
module docstring:
http://bu3sch.de/gitweb?p=cnc.git;a=blob;f=gcode/gcode.py;hb=HEAD

So why do this? It's simply for the sake of using a _modern_ programming
language to control the machine.

There still may be a few rough edges in the script, but I think it's
already pretty usable as-is.

--
Greetings Michael.