Le 27/12/2010 02:22, Kirk Wallace a écrit :
> The rain came and put a 1/8" of water across the whole shop, then sunny
> the next day and turned the shop into a sauna on freezing cold steel.
> Only the few cruddy parts of my machines escaped the rust. I'm _really_
> pissed with mother nature right now, but I guess I should be thankful,
> it could be worse (don't know how, oops more rain Tuesday). If my
> machines were dirty I'd be okay.

Sad news. Sorry for you.

I use WD40 to protect all the unpainted parts from rust. Spray it after
cleaning, it dry in two or three days, then doesn't look oiled any more,
but still prevent the rust.

One old machinist I met a few years ago also used petrol to prevent the
rust. Sprayed it all over the machine. Works well. But keeps a
oiled/greasy aspect.