On Tue, 8 Feb 2011, Klemen Ozebek wrote:

> Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:16:35 +0100
> From: Klemen Ozebek <klemen.oze...@gmail.com>
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <Emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: [Emc-users] Servo trough rs 485
>
> Dear all,
>
> i just wonder if driving a servo system in such a way would be possible
> (EMC2 (hostmot2) + mesa5i20 + mesa 7i44 + CT digitax st (EIA485 ANSI, modbus
> RTU)). I do not know much about serial communication, that's why I'm asking.
>
> Link for serial communication for CT Digitax
> ST<https://secure.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8a6a6b8e5f626d7da3a5>
>
> Best regards.
>
> Klemen

I dont think so. If you look at their standard control modes they include
Analog velocity and torque, Pulse mode (probably Step&Dir), EtherCat and
SERCOS over fiber. If you don't  mind using such an expensive drive, Ethercat
Might be a way to get an all digital control interface.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)