Daniel Goller wrote:
> I am planning on (slowly) implementing a G71 roughing cycle for EMC2.
>
> The syntax varies between manufacturers and i would like to use this
> post to setup a syntax everyone can agree on.
> I think the goal is easy, it has to work well within EMC2's gcode and
> variable use, some may hope it's just like "their" G71, but that might
> not happen, if the result is just like you are used to, you are lucky
> :).

SNIP

> My current goal is to implement G71 in a way that it will not consider
> undercuts, it is the safer of the two variants of G71 cycles. And
> still a most useful tool.
>
> I am looking forward to hear your suggestions,
>
> Daniel

This is from last June, has it gone anywhere since?

A roughing sub or some such could be done easily enough but would be
alien to most shops that do use G71/G72. The major advantage to the G71
is that you can put a complicated contour on a part with only one input
of coordinates, if it also came with the ability to do the G70 finish
cycle it would be about perfect.

On a related note, a friend is thinking about doing a retrofit on a 66
inch VTL and he asked specifically about roughing cycles.   Ed.