andy pugh wrote:
> On 2 March 2011 13:10, Igor Chudov <ichu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Yes, but how do I de-energize the motor in EMC?
>>

> You could do it explicitly in the G-code. (via a digital output),
> though that seems inelegant.

Yes, I think it is so inelegant that I refused to suggest it!
> What might work would be a ddt hal function on motor position command,
> such that when the motor is commanded to move it does so, but when the
> position command ceases to change, the motor power is set to zero. You
> will probably find that the axis stops moving a millisecond early,
> though.

Hmmm, an automatic shutdown of the axis.  Yes, you could do that with
simple HAL components.
Again, I say, it is really inelegant.  But, it could work pretty well,
although you'd have to be aware
the final position would be arbitrarily far from the commanded position.

I still think getting the PID control loop to work properly is the best
solution.

Jon