On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 19:13:14 -0500, you wrote:

>I did this page a while ago ...
>
>But being a fellow Linux Crash Test Dummy ... I wrote this out so I
>didn't have to remember all of it.
>
>http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?EMC_Ubuntu91
>
>Line #28

Thanks for that Dave. Done that this morning and disabled hyperthreading
in the bios but was surprised to find it made little difference to the
latency - it was under 7000 and still is - it reduced it by 5 or 600 or
so.

If it gets rid of the annoying "realtime delay" message, that will do
me. I've always ignored it anyway without any ill effects so far :)

Steve Blackmore