On 23.05.11 14:36, Thomas Powderly wrote:
> re XYZAC tarball unpacking
>
> I also had problems unpacking it's that the pkg insists on a
> pre-existing destination so i used the ubuntu gui tool 'Archive
> Manager' and took the files out one at a time and put them where >I<
> wanted them worked great built the kins no problem, ran the demo no
> problem, vismach worked too

Yes, if I read a Table of Contents;

$ tar ztvf 5_axis_kinematics_XYZAC.tar.gz

then extract one file:

$ tar zxvf 5_axis_kinematics_XYZAC.tar.gz XYZAC/README

there is no failure due to naming conflict. README is extracted without
problems.

> hth

It does. Thank you.

Now to repeat for the other 9 files. The following seems to do it (On
the command line, since something so simple isn't worth putting in a
script):

# This just shortens the next lines, so they won't wrap in the email.

$ archive=5_axis_kinematics_XYZAC.tar.gz

# "NR > 1" skips the symlink, which isn't to be copied.

$ files=`tar ztvf $archive | gawk 'NR > 1 {print $NF}'`

# Now we finally extract 'em all individually, by name.

$ for i in $files ; do tar zxvf $archive $i ; done

I still had the symlink, so the files ended up in ../emc2/configs/XYZAC/
If no previous extraction attempt had been made, they'd be in XYZAC/
in the current directory.

I'm off to the farm for a week tomorrow, so won't have much time to read
and learn. Lacking the means to try out XYZAC/XYZACkins.c, it'll even
then not be easy to offer much useful feedback.

Thanks to Rudy for doing the kinematics for a machine that I've for some
time thought would be a lot of fun to build.

Erik

--
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret to inform you that
circumstances are beyond our control.                    -Paul Benoit