On 6/3/2011 5:11 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 3 June 2011 22:05, Stuart Stevenson<stus...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> If you wish to lay a round pipe against the cut you will need to cut a round
>> shape
>>
> I think he wants the 3D path that the welder should take (given that
> he is working on a welding robot)
>
> I assume it is part of the locus of solutions to X.X + Y.Y = R1.R1 and
> X.X + Z.Z = R2.R2

Oh well then my suggestion won't be much use..  for a welding robot tool
path!

Viesturs, I think that you will find that for welding robots a teach
pendant is often used to create the tool path... many small moves
smoothed and then tweaked into a
solution.    Most robot "programming" that I have seen is actually
pretty crude compared to Gcode moves on a machine tool.

Dave