> Yes, You saw correctly - there is only one Hiwin rail with 2 blocks. I
> wanted one more rail some 200 - 300 mm lower for increased stiffness,
> but the client rejected that idea, because that would cost too much.
> The thing is that the frame already was done, when I joined the
> project, so my design starts from sholder joint and up, the linear
> slide with all the motor and reducer in linear joint was already
> there.
> If I grab by the end of the arm, I can swing it by hand by several
> milimeters. But it is hard to see, if it actually swings in the Hiwin
> blocks, because there is backlash in those blue worm reducers and the
> base frame also swings - it is not perfectly stable, so I have to
> admit that those Hiwins are not the worst part, actually they seem to
> be pretty good.
>
> Viesturs

Wow, this is one of the best mail topics in a long time. Very good work!
As for the Hiwin rails, they are not worse or better than any other rail. I
think your movent would be there anyway. The beam itself might flex, it's
far out so you'll get a uge momentum.
If there's flex you could just add a bearing block with round bars beneath,
it will make a uge difference even if it's smaller and much cheaper than the
Hiwin rail.