Hello everybody,

My father, my brother and I have a little workshop and we make camshafts as
spare parts for the local market here in Argentina.

Given the situation in our country with the medium and little manufacturers
like us, it's almost impossible for us to adquire a CNC camshaft grinding
machine (A seller once quoted me one 1995 landis for $195,000 dolars), so
that says pretty much all.

Obviously we use standard grinding machines, with a master that guides a
pivot to make the shape of the lobe.

Anyway, the problem is that new cnc camshaft grinders, have linear motors,
and hydrostatic ways, so it's really complicated to adapt an existing
machine to achieve the quality that new machines have, also the new ones
weight 10 tns like the old ones, so it's like retrofitting a train.

But I think that with a ballscrew may be good results can be achieved,
obviously not as good as the ones with an original machine.

Another way would be to attach a servo motor on the pivot, and then move it
to recreate the shape of the lobe instead of using a master.

I'm really interested in this project so I hope I can help!

Thanks as always for this space, and for good job with EMC!

Best regards.

Leonardo Marsaglia.