>  How do I assign keyboard keys to manually jog axis A?
>
>  The standard assignment seems to be "[" and "]" however on my non-us
>  keyboard neither the keys generating [ ] nor the keys at the place where an
>  us keyboard has [ ] gives the desired result.

Ref the original query, the below jogs my A axis on my lathe (ATC) quite
happily

# axis 3 (A) which is ATC on lathe

root_window.bind("<Prior>", lambda e: jog_on(3, get_jog_speed(3)))
root_window.bind("<Next>", lambda e: jog_on(3, -get_jog_speed(3)))
root_window.bind("<KeyRelease-Next>", lambda e: jog_off(3))
root_window.bind("<KeyRelease-Prior>", lambda e: jog_off(3))

>  Nice, but what about .axisrc , it's not present in latest versions?

I don't think .axisrc is present in any version, it is a user defined
add on.

The above in ~/.axisrc works with 2.6.0~pre and used to work with 2.5.x
 > 2.3.x

regards