On 11 October 2011 15:33, Mark Cason <farmerboy1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Andy, I gotta ask.. how many counts is your encoder?  More
> specifically, how fine does an encoder need to be, to do what you do.

The lathe encoder is 400 counts (100 slots) and the milling encoder is
200 counts (50 slots).
Not very fine, and both are home made.
https://picasaweb.google.com/108164504656404380542/Gibbs#5437112859354194098
(and the following two)

>   Also, I'm not a very good programmer, how hard is it to interface to
> EMC2 using python?  I've written some fairly complex bash scripts, but
> I'm just now starting to learn basic C programming (Arduino).  Never say
> old dogs can't learn new tricks.

I have no idea how to use Python, but I suspect it is fairly easy.
If it helps I had never used C until I got an Arduino 18 months ago.

--
atp
"Torque wrenches are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"