Frank Tkalcevic wrote:
> I opened the first pdf and it has an article on pid tuning.  It suggests
> applying a square wave command and tuning from that.  How hard is it to
> generate a square wave in emc?  Will this require hal trickery or can it be
> done with GCode?

Yes, there is a hal component called siggen that can produce sine and
square waves.
But, you can also do it with manual jogs or G-code back and forth moves.
I prefer manual, I do one move and then stare at the trace for a while
before
making an adjustment and trying again.  The trapezoidal (velocity) shape
of a
move by jog or G-code is what the machine is supposed to do, anyway, so
it makes more sense to tune with the actual profile the machine needs to
make.

Jon