I just looked at this briefly in sim with the axis 9-axis config.  I was typing
in MDI g0 commands while watching the gremlin/motion preview.  I was using
something near the tip of the 2.5 branch.

Movements in B rotate the displayed tool around a line parallel to Y, and
movements in C rotate the tool around a line parallel to Z, both as expected.
But movements in A don't show any tool motion.  The coordinate in the DRO
changes as expected, but the tool doesn't move in the preview.

The patch that Anders suggested has no effect as far as I could tell.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky