On Monday, December 12, 2011 12:52:25 PM andy pugh did opine:

> On 12 December 2011 17:34, Ralph Stirling <ralph.stirl...@wallawalla.edu>
wrote:
> > I've been studying the documentation and the source code for
> > information on G-code readable/writeable parameters.  I have yet to
> > find a good summary of all the defined parameters in a single place.
> >  So far, I've found #5161-#5390 and #5400-#5428 defined in
> > interp_array.cc.  #5061-5070 are defined in interp_internal.cc, and
> > rs274ngc_pre.cc defines #5599 to #5601 and #5399 to #5413.  Some of
> > these are mentioned in the G Code Reference manual. Have I missed
> > any?
>
> I think most of them are here:
> http://www.linuxcnc.org/docview/2.5/html/common/machining_center.html#_p
> arameters_a_id_sub_parameters_a
>
> Though I agree that isn't the most obvious place to look.

Thank you for that link Andy, I found when I scrolled up by accident to the
previous entry, what may be the reason I have been doing my own tool
diameter offsets in my gcode I have written.  I have never been able to get
consistent results from a tool change operation.  The problem that may be
the cause of the inconsistency?  I do not have
TOOL_TABLE = tooltable.tbl
such a line in my current .ini file, and may not have one in any of them!

The save operation that allows a new profile, like my-mill-test, to be
written, apparently does not define that, ever.

Could this be construed as a bug?

I certainly was not aware that a tool could be described in that much
detail so it will take me a bit to wrap my remaining wet ram around it, and
to get something entered that might make sense to emc.

Unforch, my toolholders are #2 morse collets in that teeny mill, so the
working lengths, unless measured after tightening the draw bolt each time,
are completely random.

And that brings up a question?:  Do we have a function that could be
written into the gcode after a tool change command that would probe the
tool like G38.2 does and record that length offset and use it till the next
run restart, or till the next tool change?  That would open the door to my
being able to switch cutting mills mid-job, and would expand the view of
what I can do considerably.

Is there a link that allows this whole thing to be downloaded as a pdf?
Ahh, I think I found them, but broken into user, hal etc.  My dead tree
'manual' stuff in the shop is about a year old & likely out of date as I
have been letting the package manager update my emc install each time a new
release is built.

Cheers, Gene
If God wanted us to have a President, He would have sent us a candidate.
                -- Jerry Dreshfield

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011