2011/12/27 Rudy du Preez <r...@asmsa.co.za>:

> I want to be able to use offsets of C (and possibly A) while in world mode.
> Whereas it works OK in joint coordinates with trivkins, it seems to function
> differently in world mode using XYZCkins. My example code in the previous
> mail explained all that.

Then I do not understand, what exactly is the problem.
You wrote that You have a 5 axis machine.
You have not explained, how the kinematics of the machine are designed
- are rotary joints tilting the tool or table etc.
You mentioned that everything is fine with trivkins, I explicitly
asked about it in my last email, but You did not answer.

Just like Andy, I do not understand, why exactly You do not want to
stay with trivkins. Where exactly is the problem?

BTW trivkins is using "kinematics_identity" which renders Your
statement that "it works OK in joint coordinates with trivkins" to be
false as there is no joint mode in trivkins:
http://git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=emc2.git;a=blob;f=src/emc/kinematics/trivkins.c
  67 KINEMATICS_TYPE kinematicsType()
  68 {
  69     return KINEMATICS_IDENTITY;
  70 }

I am afraid that none of EMC users can give You detailed answer, if
You do not share Your details. Starting with Your machine (preferably
in pictures).

Viesturs