On Tuesday, December 27, 2011 08:49:15 PM Steve Blackmore did opine:

> On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 17:48:43 -0500, you wrote:
> >I've had the table saw throw it harder.  Unforch, I was in the way,
> >took about 6 weeks to lighten up the color of the bruises on my ribs
> >too. 1x4, 2 feet long.
>
> Yup - my broken left shin would concur. Ryobi table saw on floor,
> instead of it's stand, flung half an 8 by 4 sheet of 3/4 ply at me.
> Caught it with my legs - it hurt!!
>
> Steve Blackmore

That may even be the same saw, a BT-3000?  A shark fin, a decent homemade
zero clearance insert, a coat of formica on its top plus a $40 CMT ATBF
blade and its the sweetest saw you'll ever  use though.

FWIW, Snears & Takeitback has apparently bought the patterns and is selling
a much improved version of it for a bit less than $500 right now.  The ONLY
reason I haven't dropped the card is that its now a Sears/Craftsman.  You
can't get parts for anything more than 2-3 years old from those ba----rds.
I may go and get the aux tables while they have it though, being able to
use a std miter gage on it, could be pretty handy.  Other than that, I have
fixed most of the originals warts over the years and its working well ATM.

Cheers, Gene
This is a country where people are free to practice their religion,
regardless of race, creed, color, obesity, or number of dangling keys...