gene heskett wrote:

> Maybe I'll even buy a whole new box.  If I could find one of those compact
> models with a usable parport & no built in video.
>
> Is anyone actually selling that intel board that has been discussed here in
> a ready to go package?  I'd drop the card for one of those in a heartbeat.

You can get the Intel D525MW and all the accessories from directron.com,
I have bought
a few from them.  Note that the D525MW uses 204 pin memory instead of
the 240 pin used
on the D510MO board.  That tripped me up.  Directron has all the parts
you need to build
a system.  I used a bigger box because some of the systems I build
needed a full-size PCI
card.  I also got a solid state disk.  This seemed to work fine, has
good latency numbers,
and the on-board video is no problem.

I'd bet you could get this from Micro Center if there's one near you,
but might cost a few
$ more.

Assembly takes less than 10 minutes.

Jon