I confess that I don't read the mailing lists, or IRC on a regular
basis. This morning I was searching the user's list for some information
when I came upon the thread about the name change. I had made some
early comments on this subject, then paid no more attention.

After reading some of the posts, and noting the pledges of support by
many contributors, I was trying to figure out how I could contribute to
the project. I don't have any money, and my coding skills are
sub-ordinary as well.

What I can offer is to be the defendant of any lawsuits against the
project. Any entity, like EMC Corporation, who feels they have a claim
against the project can feel free to sue me if they like.

I've sued and been sued, so I won't lose any sleep if the sheriff
shows up with papers for me. Hopefully this will allow others, like
the members of the Board, who make valuable contributions to continue
their work without feeling threatened or distracted by legal issues. If
this would be useful, just let me know.

Thanks,
Matt