Thank you Andy, I will follow your instructions .

Regards Peter

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andy Pugh [mailto:bodge...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2012 23:27
An: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Betreff: Re: [Emc-users] Control a hot wire foam
cutter using LinuxCNC?

On 1 Feb 2012, at 19:03, "Peter Georgi"
<georg...@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> I found the file with the
> patch from Lothar and downloaded it. So far so
good. But I do not have
> any idea how to install it. Is their any
procedure or just copy it
> into the Axis directory and rename it?

I am in a hotel on my phone, so can't really check
anything, but typically a "patch" is a list of
changes to a number of files and has to be merged
into the source code which is then recompiled.
It is a bit different for Axis, as that is in
python which is an interpreted language, but I am
not sure how deep the changes go.
If the patch contains changes to C or C++ files
then you will need to install git, download the
source code, install the build dependencies, merge
the patch and recompile. None of this is
particularly difficult, even if it sounds it. The
wiki.linuxcnc.org page on installing EMC2
describes the process.

Man patch and/or man git patch might help too.

It is not impossible to read the patch file and
make the changes manually.

Keep Your Developer Skills Current with
LearnDevNow!
The most comprehensive online learning library for
Microsoft developers is just $99.99! Visual
Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3,
Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when
you subscribe now!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d
sers