On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 22:20 +0200, Viesturs Lācis wrote:
> 2012/2/7 Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>:
> > On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 14:40 +0100, Claude Froidevaux wrote:
> >
> >> In case I'm doomed, I will most probably try with a mesa 5I25 board. Can
> >> anyone confirm that it work ? (this time I ask first !!)
> >
> > I've gotten mine to work okay, so it can be done. You just need to use
> > the motherboard parrallel port or one of the parallel port FPGA
> > compatible PCI cards.
>
> Kirk, 5i25 is PCI card!
>
> And my experience with it - works like a charm with
> 2.5.pre2[don't-remember-which-buildbot-version] in D525MW based
> system.
>
> Viesturs

But in order to get the Pluto to work, it would need to act like an EPP
port. I don't know if the firmware exists for that. Besides it seems
silly to connect a Pluto to the 5i25 when it already does what the Pluto
does.

When I evict the moths from my wallet and shoe laces from my diet, a
5i25 will be on my short list of things to get.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html