Hi Guys;

I just broke my last brand new 1/16th carbide end mill in about 15 minutes
running time, a 4 flute with about 1/2" of working length, trying to get
started on another alu encoder wheel, getting about 80% of the way around
the outside, running at 2500 revs, and 1.5 ipm, cutting only .005" deep,
running in a puddle of cutting oil.

Obviously the 4 flute is a no-no in soft alu as it was pushing alu ahead of
itself for 90% of what it did cut which tells me it was half plugged after
the first 1/2" of feed in that heavy duty (0.0037" thick) coors can alu .
Filled up the flutes nearly instantly even if it was swimming in cutting
oil.

So, I need to find a more suitable mill for this, I assume only 1 or 2
flute, and maybe only 1/8" of working bit.

Since I don't have a 10,000 rpm spindle, 2500 is it, what mill should I
buy, and how fast can I feed it?  Or am I doomed to go find some harder
sheet alu that cuts cleaner and won't plug up a mill?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
A man usually falls in love with a woman who asks the kinds of questions
he is able to answer.
                -- Ronald Colman