On 02/18/2012 08:53 AM, Neil wrote:
> Check out these also.  I have one and it works great.  FWIW, I've had
> issues with their endmills and collets/holders, but the vise is great.
>
> http://www.shars.com/products/view/8138/4quot_440V_CNC_Milling_Machine_Vise_00004quot

   I was looking at this one:
http://www.shars.com/products/view/8139/6quot_690V_CNC_Milling_Machine_Vise_00004quot

   I've asked questions about it on other newsgroups, but nobody knows
anything about it.  I know to steer clear of their cheaper versions,
because of bad castings, and poor fit and finish.  I want something I
can use pretty much right out of the box, with very little additional
machining.

   BTW, the Shars vise, and the GMT vise are almost identical...  There
is only 3 differences I can find:
     1)  The stickout of the leadscrew, the Shars is 18.94" and  the GMT
is 19.25".
     2)  The Shars weighs 82 pounds, vs 81 pounds for the GMT.
     3)  The scallop running down the length of the Shars.

--
-Mark

Ne M'oubliez   ---Family Motto
Hope for the best, plan for the worst   ---Personal Motto