From: Erik Friesen [mailto:e...@aercon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:19 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Outrunners

You could take a look at the marine applications (inrunners), there are
some water cooled.  What will your supply be?  You'll want to decide what
rpm you want to run, as the higher kv, the lower the torque.  Are you going
to belt drive, or direct drive some way?

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Claude Froidevaux <men...@bluewin.ch>wrote:

> Le 22.02.2012 21:48, Kirk Wallace a écrit :
> > I want to mount an outrunner (or other) to a NMTB40 tool holder to try
> > some circuit board routing. I like the outrunner form because it looks
> > like the motors seem shorter for the same power. I haven't flown model
> > planes for over twenty years so I've lost my feel for sizes and
> > capacities. Does anyone have any experience with outrunners for milling
> > applications? I'm looking at getting a cheap motor to experiment with
> > then build on the experience, so the motor will need to be in the
> > disposable price range.
>
> for PCB routing, inrunner will be better, as you need as much speed as
> possible (40k to 100k rpm). I do some trials by the past with a cheap
> inrunner, abd even without load the temperature rise was too quick to
> allow any real use. I was strongly suspecting the VFD, as cheap as the
> motor... but I never spend more time on it, I got a 24'000 rpm spindle
> that is OK (but way too slow to make fast routing)
>
> I'm right now waiting for a chinese spindle than must reach 60'000 rpm,
> will see, this shall give a big up to ma PCB routing speed.

This communication is for the use of the intended recipient only. It may
intended recipient of this communication, the disclosure, copying, distribution
or use hereof is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please advise me by return e-mail or by telephone and then delete it
immediately.