On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 14:21 -0800, Kirk Wallace wrote:
... snip
> My guess is that as any ports above 1000 have lighter
> restrictions, maybe ports above a higher value are handled differently
> too, so 1502 doesn't show where 9502 does. I guess I have more work to
> do.

Oops, pilot error here. The 1502 and 9502 port or any port number show
up and work just fine.

> I haven't tried connecting to the LinuxCNC slave with a master yet.

Modpoll (master) connects and seems to query coils starting from 1, but
querying registers didn't work for any of the addresses I guessed at. I
haven't found any documentation for the CL slave so finding registers or
how to use the slave in general might be difficult.

In poking around the Classic Ladder site I found what might be
interesting, a CL hardware slave, it might come in handy:
http://sites.google.com/site/classicladder/classicladder_io_module

It's open source and AVR based so it's gotta be good.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html