Roger,
the specifications of this machine just plainly state numbers of its
size etc. The control system is Sinumerik 6T like it was mentioned
earlier in this thread. It says, however, that the Z and X DC servo
motors take 2000 pulses per revolution, so the built-in control
electronics seems to take pulse and direction signals. The main spindle
seems to be Y and is DC motor driven, 17 kW, and also generates 1024
pulses per rev.

The mechanical dimensions and the weight appear to me to be very large
considering the maximum size of work pieces it can take. Apparently,
this machine is very sturdy built.

Greetings from Bavaria
Peter