On Apr 6, 2012, at 1:38 AM, Viesturs Lācis wrote:

> That is why I think that 5i25 card would do much better - less
> rewiring (actually You might get away with no rewiring at all) and
> there also is price difference. Plug it straight in pci slot and
> attach Your existing lpt cables to it. The only thing to do is sort
> out the firmware - most probably, You will need to tell Mesa's people,
> which exact pins are stepgen outputs, which pins are encoder inputs
> and they shall arrange the rest - AFAIK the tool for users to
> configure the 5i25 cards is not yet available.

I emailed Mesa to inquire about purchasing, and it looks like I would want the
firmware set to support the Gecko 540. (that is the only Gecko controller they
list support for).

I asked if that was compatible with the Gecko 320 and did not hear back from
them before I guess they went home for the weekend.

So, can anyone tell me if my 320's will be compatible with it set to support
Gecko 540s?

My guess is they are compatible, but I want to make sure first. Thanks!

Best,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
3DTOPO Incorporated