Roger,

You won't have any problem using that spindle drive with LinuxCNC.  On
the one drawing - top left corner there is pin 56 and 57.  One is the
reference and the other the analog speed input for the drive.   I have a
Simoreg drive on my lathe that is probably similar, but newer.   Siemens
uses the same pin numbers for their analog inputs on their DC drives
even to this day.   Simoreg drives are very durable.  Put a plus voltage
on the pin and it goes forward, negative and it runs in reverse.

Dave