On 04/19/2012 10:15 AM, gene heskett wrote:
> On Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:34:37 AM Mark Wendt did opine:
>
> Humm, inserted into my reader, its presence is acknowledged, but its
> not accessible. The usb system issues a boatload of resets but never
> gets any farther than listing it as sdg, sdh, sdi, sdj. The reader
> itself indicates it is plugged in by turning on a "lights up the whole
> room" blue led Does anyone know what modules are needed to access an
> SD card while running linux? Cheers, Gene

   On any modern Linux OS, it should "Just Work".  There's been
instances where flash drives had issues in linux, but worked perfectly
well in Windows, due to software already installed on the drives.

   You can always try to reformat it from a terminal, using the command
mkfs.vfat, and the location of your device. (/dev/sd?)

--
-Mark

Ne M'oubliez   ---Family Motto
Hope for the best, plan for the worst   ---Personal Motto