On 26 April 2012 13:01, Gabriel Willen <gabewil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it supposed to generated sinus pwm signals on
> the outputs or is this a middle man for another price of hardware that
> would generate the pwm.

No, bldc doesn't generate PWM, it generates amplitudes for a PWM
generator based on measured rotor position.

It might be possible, dependent on the IC, to use a single PWMgen to
control the current, and to use the 6 bits to control the gates.
(sending PWM to a master-enable pin, for example)

The mesa three-phase-PWM generator generates 3 pwm phases on 6 pins in
exact phase and with a deadband to prevent shoot-through.

I have considered adding a 3pwmgen thread to bldc, but I think that
the pwm frequency available in software would be rather too low for
bldc use.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.