Hello all and thanks again for your support!

Have been busy at the shop trying to write some code for the 260 and doing
other tasks.
The spindle engine play along making no fuzz about it's stator field problem
but now the control starts quarreling but not about it's dreaded bubble memory
who still seems to work well...

No, this time it´s communication, the RS232 port who just run it's TX port, no
RX longer possible...
Did a brief check of an I/O card who contains the RS2232, punch and video
circuitry.
Noticed that FANUC HW is also very well designed just as Siemens and U need no
drawings to find the measure points for the DC power and some sync and clock
signals.

What an experienced electronics repair guy knows, is to first  check-up the
power supply and so I did and I guess it immediately paid off..

It should be if I remember it correctly +/- 15 V and 5V and it was around  +11
- 19  and +1
It looks like an offset is introduced here, a minus 4...
Thing is I measured the voltages in relation to chassis ground because of no
extension card available and no suitable probes.

It is possible that signal ground is designed to be at a different DC potential
or floating compared to chassis but I don't believe in that.
Maybe I'm wrong, what do you think?

Another funny thing is that  the control demands  an erase of the entire
bubble/program memory because of the communication fault.
The control  detects a Parity error when I tries to write to it and it
obviously can't manage that.
Well, the design is from 1980 and I guess LinuxCNC wouldn't behave like that ;-)

Greetings / Roger