On 5/14/2012 9:49 AM, Chris Radek wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 02:03:40PM +0200, Robert von Knobloch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I retrieved from git the 2.5 branch, grabbed all the dependencies and
>> versions etc. and compiled it OK, well no errors reported (opensuse 12.1).
>> It runs fine except there is no backplot (visible) in axis.
> Does your system have working opengl?

A quick test in response to Chris's question is to see what happens when
you invoke 'glxgears' on the command line.

If it isn't installed you will get a helpful message about what needs to
be installed.

Once installed, invoking 'glxgears' should pop open a new window
displaying three meshed 3D gears spinning while the original window
shows a running tally of frames displayed per time. (This number is
often used as a crude figure of merit for glx systems; as a benchmark
it's as bogus as the BogoMIPS rating of the cpu.)

If 'glxgears' fails, then the messages may help figure out what's up
with your openGL/X system.

Regards,
Kent