On 5/16/2012 11:09 AM, Kent A. Reed wrote:

>> Perry who ??  ;-)
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> On 5/15/2012 10:28 PM, N. Christopher Perry wrote:
>>
>>> You're dating yourself, Kent. :))
>>>
>>> N.C.

> I'm still 10 laps behind Gene in the race around the sun.
>
> My grandmother lived to be 101. I used to marvel that we have a picture
> of her and her brother at the ages of 4 and something riding to town in
> a dog cart and we have a picture of her in front of her TV watching Neil
> Armstrong dismounting the LEM onto the surface of the moon. Like her,
> I'm trying to keep my brain working by learning new things.
>
> Speaking of which, you're supposed to Google Perry Mason, Dave:-) I'm
> old enough to remember him as a CBS radio character.
>
> Live long and prosper.
>
> Regards,
> Kent

I am trying to forget about the laps around the sun....  but so far no luck.
My greatgrandmother lived to 107.   She used to call me each Christmas.
Lived on her own until she was 105.  Sharp as a tack until she passed away.
One shot of brandy before bedtime..is good for you.. so she told me.
She ate a lot of fish..

Unfortunately no one in the family has lived that long since then.

She, and my grandmother and the rest of the family were living on he
south side of Newfoundland in a fishing village when the Titanic went down.
It was a huge event back then - and my grandmother recalled it vividly.

I must admit I have some recollection of Perry Mason.  ;-)

Dave