On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Ralph Stirling <
ralph.stirl...@wallawalla.edu> wrote:

> > Our repositories are at github. Please refer to this wiki page to access
> it:
> > http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ArtekBranch
> >
> > The BeagleBone related modifications are at "beagle" branch.
> > I will prepare documentation about installing Ubuntu on BeagleBone.
> >

> This is really very interesting news, Yishin.  Are you going to release the
> FPGA hdl as opensource (like Peter has done with hostmot2 logic for the
> Mesa cards)?  Are you going to have a USB/FPGA board available for
> purchase?
>
> -- Ralph
>
> Ralph,

I think Mesa's USB/FPGA board (7i43) is good; I've been using it on a few
industrial automation machines and plasma cutters for more than 2 years.
It's stable, it's with good quality, and it's cheap.

Releasing HDL of the FPGA design is another issue. IMHO, it doesn't help
too much for the development by releasing the HDL source code. AFAIK, the
hostmot2 logic is only maintained by mesa; there is no community for
developing it yet.

We have plan to sell our HDL design with whole verification set. I think
people who paid for it have more motivation to improve it. For people who
would just like to use it, we have our firmware available on github
repository. It's at configs/araisrobo/ directory. People could try it with
laptop/PC and Mesa's 7i43 board.

Yishin
--
ARAIS ROBOT TECHNOLOGY