On 6/2/2012 8:39 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> On Saturday, June 02, 2012 08:36:28 PM Dave did opine:
>

>> On 6/2/2012 2:22 PM, Joseph Chiu wrote:
>>
>>> but being kids who don't know any better, they just
>>> accepted the 3D printout as a normal occurance -- like warming up
>>> breakfast sausages in the microwave!:)
>>>
>> but being kids who don't know any better, they just
>> accepted the 3D printout as a normal occurance -- like warming up
>> breakfast sausages in the microwave!:)
>> <<
>>
>> Oh yes.  I was with my younger daughter last weekend and it was sunny
>> and I pulled out my phone to check the time.  Due to older eyes, I
>> couldn't see the clock display on my phone. My daughter grabbed the
>> phone to read off the clock and said "what is this??"  "OK.. I see it
>> but how do I read that??"  My clock was showing in analog mode - face
>> and hands, etc, which she never uses.  :-/  Dad.. this is the "digital"
>> age!   My argument - it takes less space on the screen!
>>

> Dave, it seems to be you might want to invest in some analog, carbon sinc
> powered wall clocks, just for the educational aspects of moving hands.
>
> Sometimes I wonder how this 'younger' generation survived to reach school
> age. :)
>
> Cheers, Gene

That's the crazy thing.  I do have analog clocks in the house!
Actually we have both, but I am afraid that most of them are digital
clock radio types.  Apparently she has to "think" when she looks at an
analog clock, but she doesn't have to "think" when she sees a digital
clock, so she thought she needed to tell me I should switch my phone's
clock mode.  :-)

This younger generation certainly does things differently.   Both of my
girls have cell phones.  I pay their phone bill and they barely talk on
them.  But they each send about 1500 text messages per month.  That is
the preferred medium for her generation.  If I send her an email when
she is at school, I oftentimes won't get a reply for days.   If I send
her a text message she usually responds in less than an hour if she
isn't in class.

Just wait until this generation gets to the corporate CEO level.
Corporate announcements will be made via text message...  :-)

Dave