On 06/04/2012 08:31 PM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2012, at 5:41 PM, dave wrote:
>
>> It has always been my understanding that you can make a patented
>> device; you just can't sell it. I don't think this precludes using that
>> patented device to make things which you sell.
IANAL and I don't play one on TV. It is my understanding that in the US,
you may NOT use a process or make a patented device without a license.
It does not matter whether you sell it or not. At one point there was a
patent for deactivating hydrogen peroxide for cleaning contact lenses by
means of a (very small) platinum catalyst. The cleaning kit included a
license to use that process.

You could not just do it yourself without the license. (Well, you could,
but you would be infringing on the patent.)

Ken