This is taken from the list Open Manufacturing:

begin of citation
From: Marco Perry <mpe...@pensanyc.com>
Date: Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Subject: [OH Updates] Open source experience
To: upda...@lists.openhardwaresummit.org

Hi All,
I am new to the list, so excuse me if this has been discussed ad
nauseum. For fun, we created a DIY CNC wire bender. If you are
curious, see it here - DIWire Bender and more here blog.pensanyc.com.

So here's the question - We want to open source it. If you have open
sourced your hardware/software, what was your experience? Any pearls
of wisdom, dos, don'ts and watch outs?

end of citation