From: Michael Haberler [mailto:mai...@mah.priv.at]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 12:36 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Work Coordinates

I dont think these ideas will work/produce sensible results

- Andy's idea conveys the readahead-time setting of #5220
- halui wont be able to report anything useful because the emctstatus message
doesnt contain that value (#5220)

the way I understand it all offsets (coordinate, tool, axis) are solved during
interpretation of the NGC file in the canon layer and motion never sees them -
this could well be finished before the machine starts moving (this is an issue
and discussions are underway how to change that, but there will be nothing
tangible for at least a year IMO because the changes will be massive, and
structural, not just a quick fix)

so Andy's scheme will report the last offset active, not the current one being
used relative to execution

the only workable solution I see to this problem for now is to generate a new
canon message, or tack on the #5220 value onto a fitting existing message,
because this will be queued and arrive at motion 'in time'

- Michael