Todd Zuercher wrote:
> I think I have found the motors I would like to use.
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ElectroCraft-XBR-2910-Nema34-Brushless-AC-Servo-
> Motors-w-Encoders-CNC-/221048834843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33778
> 98b1b
>
> Now I need to figure out what drives I would like to use and the power
> supply.
>
> How much would a 4 axis setup from Pico Systems run?

What is the voltage rating of these motors?  If they are high-voltage
motors, then
running them on my drives will force you to reduced speeds (0which may
turn out
OK).  If they are rated for up to 120 V AC, then you can get full speed
out of them.

So, you'd need a universal PWM controller, $250.
The drives are $150 per axis.
That is most of it.  You can add a power switch and braking module for $50,
and a spindle DAC to control a spindle drive, also $50.

Are you going to the CNC Workshop in Ann Arbor later this week?

Jon