A few things I learned in hindsight... I should have made the Y axis
rails extend beyond the end of the water table enough so the torch head
could reach all of the water table. A little more Z travel would have
been nice. My slats are not rigid enough to keep thin material from
moving when cutting at high speeds so I have to clamp it down to a frame
rail with a piece of scrap.

I don't have a downdraft table but I assume you will have to move huge
amounts of air to capture the dust from the plasma. Quite a bit of the
dust flies up from the cut point so to be efficient the table will need
to be completely enclosed to capture the dust. The amount of dust
depends on the material condition as well. It seems to me that the more
rust, crap, and dirt on the plate the more dust I see.

A marking device like a spring loaded center punch with a pneumatic
cylinder to push it down would be a nice addition if the plasma cut
parts need any machining like drilling after cutting. That would save
the second op a ton of time in not having to lay out holes.

John