Hey Viesturs,

I have successfully done this twice, its fairly simple.  I would be more
than happy to help you through it.  Including a homing process.  I would
suggest only using glade for the User Interface, not to handle any time
based commands.  Found this out very quickly.  Its really easy to write a
hal component using halcomp and attach the python handlers to those i/o
pins you create.  If you would like to schedule a time to chat. Please let
me know.  I have been dealing with some family problems as of late, and has
cut down on my IRC time.  But these issues should be resolved quickly

Thanks
Gabe